Hiya guys, it’s CrazySqueak and I’d like to present the first part of my text adventure that I’m working on.
This text adventure is set in minecraft and has many secrets for you to find.
- Download the zip file from my dropbox and unzip into a folder that you have write permission for (i.e. a new TextAdventure folder in your home folder)
- If it asks you if you want to overwrite/rename/merge files say to overwrite. This way your save data stays intact between installations.
- If you haven’t already installed python 3, do it now by downloading it off python.org (windows/mac) or running
sudo apt-get install -y python3 (Raspberry Pi)
- Go into the folder that you installed the text adventure to and run the program by double-clicking on it (windows) or opening a terminal window in the current folder, typing in the following
python3 textadventure.py and pressing ENTER (Raspberry Pi).
- When it says press enter to continue, do that.
- When it says select a save file, enter the number corresponding to the save file you’d like to play.
- If it is a new save file, you will be asked to enter your name, enter your name or enter a different name if you’re trying to find naming easter eggs.
- When a > appears, type in an instruction and press ENTER.
- I recommend that you play this game in a maximised window.
This text adventure is like most others in which you have to type the correct instruction to do stuff.
The rest of the game pretty much explains the most important stuff (i.e. Combat, go, inventory, ect.)
I hope you enjoy my game.
EDIT: Fixed a line of code that would’ve caused problems later in development.
WARNING: This program is not compatible with PC or Python 2: please use a Raspberry Pi and Python 3 to run
Hi readers, it’s CrazySqueak here, I’ve recently exhibited a few projects at Southend Jam and this is one of them.
I’ve written a Minecraft game called McPiWare. The aim of the game is to earn as many points as possible by completing minigames. The minigames occur in a set order and keep coming until you fail at one of them. There is also a bonus round that first occurs when you reach 20 points, and then it multiplies the score required for the bonus round by three each time. You can find a list of the minigames below.
||Allocated time (secs)
||Bonus points awarded
||Pick all the flowers
- The player has picked all the flowers
|| Speed bonus is near-impossible to obtain without cheating
||Land on as many blocks as possible
- The player has landed on at least five obsidian blocks
- (0-any) for each extra block landed on
| Blocks turn to glowing obsidian when landed on, only landing on normal obsidian counts
|| Don’t fall down
- The player has at least 1 life left at the end
|| The minigame instantly ends if you run out of lives
|| Find as much treasure as you can
- The player has found at least 1 treasure block
- (0-any) for extra treasure found
| Searching is done by right-clicking grass near cobblestone or farmland while holding a sword
|| Mine as many diamonds as you can
- The player has mined at least one diamond ore
- (0-any) for extra diamonds found
| You will see text in chat when you are near diamonds, diamons are hidden under the layer of stone
| Bonus (aka Path)
|| Move from the gold block to the diamond block as many times as you can without falling down
|| You complete this minigame no matter what
- (0-any) for paths cleared
- (0-any) bonus points
| Falling down instantly ends the minigame
I’m really pleased with how this game turned out, especially the built in leaderboard which means you can invite your friends over to compete with you. The leaderboard starts with some pre-set scores so it takes a master of the game to achieve the top ranking score.
Feel free to download and share my project but please leave credit to me for creating the original program. I hope it will be included in the next Minecraft Pi hackpack too!
I have created natural disasters in minecraft using python. It adds many disasters to your minecraft that happen randomly wherever you are in your world. The program randomly starts disasters on it’s own so you should keep moving to avoid getting hit.
||Creates random holes around you.
||About 1 minute.
||Effects have a range of about 15 blocks from the epicentre.
||Creates hole in the ground below you.
||The hole has random edges.
||Fires a meteor from the sky that crashes into the ground below you.
||The meteor will not stop until it either reaches the highest point of the world at your position or the program crashes.
||Fires down 10 meteors that crash into the ground around you.
||The best thing to do when this occurs is to stand still and wait, the meteors from this disaster only rarely crash into you.
||Causes the area around you to die out.
||50 – 90 seconds.
||Only affects wood logs, leaves, water, and grass.
||Creates a column of water that starts at y -60 and ends 5 blocks above the highest point in your world.
||The flood left behind once it ends takes a while to dry up.
||Erects a massive structure using water and lava.
||1 minute and 15 seconds.
||Lava still remains on the inside.
What this code requires to run
Example of how to manually start a disaster
To start a meteor at the position 0, 0 I would use:
Example of my code
def meteor(x, z):
y = 64
h = mc.getHeight(x, z)
x -= (64 - h)
while y > h:
y -= 1
x += 1
mc.setBlocks(x-2, y-2, z-2, x+2, y+2, z+2, block.OBSIDIAN.id)
mc.setBlocks(x-2, y-2, z-2, x+2, y+2, z+2, block.AIR.id)
mc.setBlocks(x-2, y-2, z-2, x+2, y+2, z+2, block.LAVA.id)
mc.setBlocks(x-1, y-1, z-1, x+1, y+1, z+1, block.OBSIDIAN.id)
the full code is in the download link below
To download my code click here.