Hiya guys, it’s CrazySqueak and I’d like to present the first part of my text adventure that I’m working on.
This text adventure is set in minecraft and has many secrets for you to find.
- Download the zip file from my dropbox and unzip into a folder that you have write permission for (i.e. a new TextAdventure folder in your home folder)
- If it asks you if you want to overwrite/rename/merge files say to overwrite. This way your save data stays intact between installations.
- If you haven’t already installed python 3, do it now by downloading it off python.org (windows/mac) or running
sudo apt-get install -y python3(Raspberry Pi)
- Go into the folder that you installed the text adventure to and run the program by double-clicking on it (windows) or opening a terminal window in the current folder, typing in the following
python3 textadventure.pyand pressing ENTER (Raspberry Pi).
- When it says press enter to continue, do that.
- When it says select a save file, enter the number corresponding to the save file you’d like to play.
- If it is a new save file, you will be asked to enter your name, enter your name or enter a different name if you’re trying to find naming easter eggs.
- When a > appears, type in an instruction and press ENTER.
- I recommend that you play this game in a maximised window.
This text adventure is like most others in which you have to type the correct instruction to do stuff.
The rest of the game pretty much explains the most important stuff (i.e. Combat, go, inventory, ect.)
I hope you enjoy my game.
EDIT: Fixed a line of code that would’ve caused problems later in development.